All around Project Architect | Designer
Position - Mid or Senior Level
Employment - Full time
Architecture & Engineering
Hong Kong SAR - China
SHA is a young office with solid experience in the delivery of architectural projects and integrated design engineering. We are passionate about working in unique complex projects that engage with new design approaches, always with the goal of delivering a fully integrated design. Our project experience includes: Lyric Theatre-West Kowloon Cultural District (UNStudio), Grand Theatre of Rabat and KAFD Metro station (ZHA), Abu Dhabi Int.Airport - Midfield Terminal Complex (KPF).
We are currently seeking a Mid and Senior level architect with strong design capabilities, technical delivery experience and software skills. We are particularly interested in speaking with experienced Architects that are passionate about delivering integrated design solutions. The ideal candidate should possess a strong sense of ownership and responsibility towards his/her work, should have effective management skills, excellent communication skills and experience in all project stages from concept to construction.
- Mid-Level and Senior level with 6 or 10+ years of experience respectively
- Experience in high profile international projects
- Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Strong all-around design and technical design skills
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities and design skills with the ability to develop and implement a design concept from preliminary studies through to construction and detailing
- Able to lead, work independently, or within a team on design and technical aspects of a project
- Good technical knowledge and detailing skills
- Ability to lead small and large packages
- Experience in design and documentation through all project stages, from concept to construction
- Excellent communication, scheduling and organization skills
- Experience in coordination and leasing with clients, contractors and consultants
Fluent English communication skills (spoken, written) with additional fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese a plus
- Working knowledge of 3D + 2D and BIM software: Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, Maya or equivalent low polygon
modelling, AutoCAD, Revit,Adobe Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/ InDesign /After Effects), 3dMax and
3d visualization plug-ins, Others plus.
- Technical problem solver with the ability to work out architectural solutions through innovative thinking
(documented through construction and shop drawings/details)
- Good team player with the ability to organize both own work and others, clearly communicate with Project Leaders, and coach/motivate team members
- Knowledge of products, materials and construction methods in Asia
Desirable but not essential:
- Professional registration is a plus but not mandatory
- Built project experience is Plus
- Excellent budget control skills
- Project leading or management experience
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams
- Extensive experience in interoperability workflows, geometric optimization and fabrication processes for complex
geometry and curvatures
- Advanced 3d Modelling experience with a minimum of 4+ years in Rhinoceros + Scripting
(Grasshopper, RhinoScript, IronPython, C#)
- Professional BIM experience on geometrically complex projects + Dynamo.
Key behavioural competencies:
- Someone that wants to be part of a multidisciplinary work space.
- Someone that passionate in what they do and embrace a unique culture.
- Someone that wants to invest in the continue professional training and development.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with an innate commitment to furthering design.
- Dedicated, flexible and committed.
Interested and want to contact us?
Working conditions as per to Hong Kong legislation and office policies, including benefits. Application requirements: cover letter, C.V. and portfolio/work sample (PDF, max.10mb) to Iker Mugarra at firstname.lastname@example.org.